We decided that now that the boys are all old enough we would try to take them to do down hill skiing and snowboarding. Since Patrick and myself have never done night skiing so we thought it would be really fun.
So we rented everyone's gear and we headed up the mountain. At the start of our night Patrick and I thought that this might not be a sport for the Cwik's to continue. However, after lots of patience and practice, the boys took right to it and did exceptionally well. I, on the other hand enjoyed going down the bunny hill nice and slow with Jeshua. Patrick and Joey helped Josiah with his snowboarding and he proved to be a natural. Jonah would rather be left alone to do his thing, that is going straight down the mountain without any poles as fast as he could. No need to snowplow just do a 360 to stop and mostly wipeout at the end. Jeshua was either holding on to mine or Candace's poles as we went down the hill and he wanted us to just let him go down by himself too. Not ready for that. I have never experienced more fearless boys in my life. They all loved it.
Excited Josiah was ready to go before any one else.
Here is a view from our parking spot just before it got dark, bunny hill is just above the lodge. It truly was a beautiful night.
Jonah and Mommy riding the ski lift up to the bunny hill where we spent most of the night. I have to say that all the boys were able to get off the ski lift on there own and without it stopping. They did so good, I truly was blown away.
Jonah at the top of the hill waiting to go down and wondering why I have to take so many stinkin pictures. Can I go down now mom?
Joey and Candace also went with us and they were such an amazing help. According to Jeshua, Candace was funner to ski with than me. No hard feelings Candace. Joey managed to come away with a war wound from Josiah. While we were waiting at the car I was going to take a picture of them and Josiah lifted up his snowboard and cut Joey in the head. As you can see below the lovely butterfly bandage. Joey you are such a trooper.
We had a blast and of course were feeling very sore the next day. I look forward to many more ski trips and watching the boys and myself improve. As for Patrick he is amazing on his snowboard, even after not doing it for 8 years. Thanks Candace and Joey for coming along and having fun with us.
No comments:
Post a Comment