Sunday, May 31, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy

Well life has been extremely busy these days and blogging has not been on the top of my list. Patrick has been away at the Police Academy in Seattle for the last 3 weeks, and we're coming up on the final week. Meanwhile why he has been gone I have had double duty and any of you moms that know what that looks like will understand what I mean. We are pushed beyond our limits, tired and tattered at the end of each day, but we look at those precious children of our and realize it is all worth it, and we keep going. So hear it goes...

To make things interesting these last few weeks someone thought it might be neat to see what my limits could be in this life of mine that I am living. We have had two of our cars breakdown(one of them while I was visiting Patrick in Seattle), and the other one a week later. Then a child of mine who will remain nameless hit a rock through Patrick's truck window shattering it. It was a total accident and bless his heart he chipped in $20.00 dollars for it. I love my husband's wisdom.

The cars however were not even the issues, it was larger than that. For all of you who may know we have been trying to purchase a house for about 2 months. Not just any house but a house in foreclosure. I do not advise this, unless the banks are nice and they aren't. So while I jumped through hoops these last few months with the banks and I say banks because we have dealt with three for this transaction. Aren't I lucky. Always doing what they asked of us immediately, but of course they were not so willing to help us out in areas I won't get into. I mean why would they provide good customer service. So four weddings and a funeral later, a few car problems, husband being gone through it all, we have survived.

I was reminded through all of this I am unequipped to do what I have done these last few weeks without the Lord's grace and mercy. I realize just how much I need and rely on HIS direction and strength. I laugh now but there were days in this I thought what disobedience do I have in my life to create all this. I was amazed by the love and grace my children show me in those moments, when I may not have given them my best that day. I love that the Lord gives me glimpses of Him through my children.

Time and time again the Lord reminded me HE was in control, HE would handle the stress, HE would give me my heart's desire, HE would be my comforter, HE would be my refuge, HE would be my strength. HE would wash me clean each new day. I love the things HE teaches me in those times of need. I realize that without Him involved in everything I do my life would be so much more difficult, pointless. So we must lay down those things that we can't carry, so that HE may pick them up. I love the God I serve, HE is amazing.

So with overjoy, thankfulness, and excitement we are homeowners, the cars are all running well and my husband is graduating from the Academy Friday. I am blessed by those who have prayed for us and have sacrificed for our family. We are blessed by amazing family and friends and once again the Lord has carried us through. I am humbled by the amazing power of Jesus!!!

2 comments:

Audra said...

And still you see HIS hand in everything, never lose the faith, and notice your kids are worth every toil and pain you go through. You're amazing Kelly!!

The Oregon Thorndikes said...

John & I love you guys so much. We are so honored to have you as friends and continue to partner with you in prayer. We have such an amazing God!