






So I have been hit with a dose of what my parents went through with me and my siblings in the years of playing sports. The boys have been playing basketball for the last month and boy has it been fun, exciting, challenging, but most of all it reminds me of the days of playing sports. We watch each boy with different perspectives and each of them brings different strengths and weaknesses to the court and their team.
Jeshua, our little guy who doesn't stray far from us now can make a basket, dribble with control and even interact with his teammates. We still get waves the whole game and several thumbs up, and he just makes me smile with the fact that he is being so brave and getting outside his comforts.
Josiah, we watch as he pushes himself to be the best, whether it is rebounding, shooting, or stealing the ball there is nothing he won't try and conquer. His competitive edge reminds me of the days when I was like that. I pray that doesn't ever go away.
And Jonah, wow he is such an amazing team player, encourager, and the enthusiasm he has I wish I could bottle it up and sell it. He loves to play defense and he is so good at it and he never grows tired.
So my life these days consists of lots of practices, exciting games, and watching my boys learn what it is like to be on a team and part of a team. We have learned that they all are such different athletes and that each of them need to be pushed in different ways and areas. Is one better than the other? Absolutely not, depends on what you see as better. I personally love what each of them bring to their team and that is what makes watching them interesting ,different, and a total blast. They bring so much to their team and I pray that they enjoy, grow and learn from sports like I did.
2 comments:
Yeah for basketball!! I started playing when I was in third grade and we just HAVE to get Tommy playing next year. He LOVES going to the YMCA to shoot hoop, and having that team aspect and learning the ropes from someone besides mom, would be so beneficial for him. Do you just love upwards? I've heard such good things--but they're only in the valley and up north. Where do the boys play their games?
They play up north and it has been a whirlwind. We drive north six days a week, with practices and games. I don't think we will do that next year, unless we can't find another awesome program. It is such a great beginner program.
Post a Comment