I became nervous and a tad bit concerned when the boys each week at church decided they were going to fill out the tear off tabs at church and submit them in the offering bag. Wondering what information they would give or requests they would make filled my mind each week. As the offering bag passed each week they would drop these tear off tabs inside, leading to the wonderful church office in hopes of making it to someone's hands. Some week's I would forget about the drop until one Friday afternoon I received a phone call. It was a lovely staff member at the church informing me that Siah requested to be in contact with a pastor. I ABOUT DIED! I finally got the answer to my question. What had they been checking off, what requests were being made, what were they sharing? My mind raced and raced, had this become a game or was this real? We had a talk(after I got myself together), cleared the air, and decided on what we would be marking off each week and left it at that.
With that said I had no idea where this would all lead. Should I continue to allow them to tear off these tabs and submit away? So we gave it another try. So each week we sit down at church and all the boys tear off their tabs and submit their prayer requests, whether big or small. They pray for everything and I mean everything. They pray for everyone, whatever the Lord prompts that morning. Each Friday we receive the phone call from the church telling us they have received their requests and they are praying for them. Each week we reflect on how amazing God is and what a wonderful church we belong to. Each week I am reminded about the heart of prayer my boys have been blessed with. Each week I'm sure people get to know our family a little more, whether they want to or not. God is so wonderful to me in the little things, especially tear off tabs! May your hearts be blessed by them too!
No comments:
Post a Comment