So innocently and without complaining Jeshua mumbles as we walk out the back door "I miss having two hands." Since breaking his arm on Saturday night we have heard no complaints, expressed no frustration, and with every step he takes still manages to keep up with big brothers. I watch him as he plays in the yard, he plays as if no injury at all. You wonder if he will grow tired at the end of the day, and still at 8:00 when things are winding down, still he keeps going. While he sleeps he struggles to roll over and still can sleep so peacefully.
He amazes me how strong and determined he is, I wonder if I was ever that strong. I am encouraged by him and how he deals with adversity even if it is just for a short time. He challenges me to rise above obstacles I may have. I thank God for his unbelievable strength and positive outlook on everything he sees and does
Still in the midst of all of it he stops to pick a flower for ME, and wait and hold the door for ME. He should be the one who reaps the special treatment, and he is thinking of ME. I am so unworthy of what the Lord blesses me with, yet I embrace what HE does. I am so blessed by the miracle of my children and the qualities they possess as young boys. I see the true characteristics of Christ in them.
2 comments:
Me too. I am so blessed just reading this. The glory of God is unmistakable. What treasure.
Yeah! What a sweet boy! When I saw him tonight the first thing he did was run into the couch with that arm of his, he kinda looked at it like "come on, move outta the way" and kept on going...
Post a Comment