Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Getting back on track




So much time has passed since my last post. I think about all the things I haven't written down and shared. I become frustrated and saddened when I reflect on the past year and half that I let go by. Not that anything bad has gone wrong or changed, but I have somehow stopped doing the things that used to be bring me so much joy. Was it me just being lazy or it possibly could be all the things that keep us moms busy. Life that is. Our lives, oh so busy. I am reminded that I need to stop and reflect on the things that are important. All the little things that I skip over and walk by when I going from one thing to the next. I miss writing down all those moments we share with one another. All the little things that those little men do and say every day! I don't want to look back and forget! I want to get back to jotting down all of my family's thoughts, fears, triumphs and dreams. Taking in those precious moments that fly by so quickly. My life needs to be more than busyness and a mundane daily routine. God wants more from me, the little things that matter to Him. So I move forward from here taking the time to do the little things that matter to God and those around me. Realizing that I must not just get through the day, but enjoy the moments of every day I am given. My heart is overwhelmed with gratitude and appreciation for the things that He has blessed me with.

Kelly

1 comment:

The Oregon Thorndikes said...

I have truly missed reading about your inspirational and real-life moments. You and your family have always held a special place in our heart and I am ecstatic that you are back! I love you Kel and I appreciate the woman of God that you are. Love ya! Krys