Friday, January 6, 2012

Mom


This Christmas I was blessed to have my mom come and spend a week with us. I am always so thankful and especially grateful when I get to spend time with my mom. For many reasons I have grown to cherish these times. Living away from family has changed my perspective in so many ways. I realize that the time I get with them must be focused on the things that matter, not just to me but to them. I always stress that I won't be able to say and do all the things I want to in such a short amount of time. I become worried about all the should haves and lose focus of what is most important, even when I know that just being together is the blessing. I know seems kind of crazy, but these are the things that run through my mind when I'm away from them. I want her to be a part of my world here, to be a mom to me and a grandma to the boys, on a daily basis. However, in the midst of all the stress and worry I hear the Lord say, "just be still." Be still and enjoy the moments you do get. Be still and just be. So that is what I did. I enjoyed every moment with my mom. Sitting, talking, laughing, sharing our thoughts just being a mom and daughter even just for a week. Wow! The little things I think that are taken for granted when you have your mom close by. Telling and showing them how much your love them in those little moments you have. What a blessing to have my mom be a part of my world even if it is for a short time. What I would give to have that all the time! So I thank God that I had that week with her and look forward to the next. I am reminded that time is so precious and our thoughts, actions and words must be focused on the things that matter most, your loved ones!

I love you Mom!

Kelly