Tuesday, November 4, 2008

No More October

Collecting Rocks 
Rock Climbing
Green Bluff Maze
Cousins
Flash Gordon
Dark Spy

I am sad to say that all the festivities that come with October are gone. We did one last trip to Green Bluff with the whole family. The boys and their cousins did the Safari maze, enjoyed some apple sundaes and I was sad that I didn't get my apple dumpling. On the same day they got to go to a Halloween party which they enjoyed dressing up and seeing all the other people dressed up too. Lastly, this past weekend they went to a haunted house at the Calvary Chapel and they did an amazing job at bringing Christ into the whole event. We finished with trick or treating and to be honest the boys did not want to do that for very long. I think they were so excited to each have there own bucket of candy and the ability to each so much of it in one night. The night was topped off with a movie and a crash from the sugar high. Halloween is so much fun when you are a child, it sure brings back a lot of memories when I was one.

This last weekend we also took a drive up to Mt. Spokane to see all the leaves changing and check out some trails for hiking and skiing, we ended up walking to the top of the mountain due road closures. The boys managed to collect more rocks and Patrick and I enjoyed the stroll. Boy the weather is changing and I don't know if I am ready for it to be really cold again. We were definitely cold and sure enough there was snow in those mountains today. I don't know if I'm quite ready for the snow and all the things it brings, but do I have a say in any of it? No!!! So until weather permits we will continue to hike and be in the outdoors, I draw the line at snow. But I guess we will then be skiing....

Blessings to you all and enjoy the short days and long nights.

1 comment:

The Oregon Thorndikes said...

The boys are so handsome! I am loving the fall weather myself...but I'm not the Cali-girl you are..hahaha