Thursday, June 24, 2010

Life these days











Life these days are so nice for me. Mainly because I spend every evening of the week watching the boys play baseball. We are fortunate to live in an amazing place where the ball fields are surrounded by beautiful growing wheat fields and farms. It is out of a movie, where they clear away an area of farm land and place a baseball diamond. Where we travel miles and miles through rolling wheat farm lands and there pops up a field. I can't believe these boys play in places where we have watched on movies. It takes your breath away, who wouldn't want to sit and watch your child play for hours.
I also marvel at each of the boys and how they approach the game of baseball. Each one having a different mindset. Jonah, fully embraces the kick back style of baseball, and let's say takes joy in the surroundings. Josiah, a boy after my own heart. He has chosen to be a pitcher and I think he couldn't have chosen a better position. His drive and ability amaze me and I can't wait to see what God does with his talent. Then there is Jeshua, who like Jonah is content with just being out there and playing whatever position his coach tells him (I think he likes catcher most :). We watch as all the boys contribute different things, how they love being with the other kiddos, and we love just to be out there with them. I see now why my parents went all over the place for me, my sister and brother, it is joy to watch your children be a part of athletics and see them grow, learn and achieve things they thought they couldn't.

1 comment:

Craig and Bethany said...

I see what you mean. Your pictures look like a dream.